Welcome
Visit our main site at http://alphabet-town.com!

1-27-13: Welcome Blamonet members!

Download all public Blamonet threads through 2-27-13-UPDATED

Talk about Elliott here, in the most broadest of terms. For any ES talk that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Download all public Blamonet threads through 2-27-13-UPDATED

Postby eddiebrock » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:25 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?089jaojbjbe2moc

To search:

Unzip, and you will have a folder created.

WINDOWS:

1) Start Menu -> Search -> Search within the folder -> look up whatever you want (do the second type of search - search WITHIN the folder).

MAC:

1) Just go to finder and start searching.

You can also open up the folder and go to one of the two index.php files at the main level and just click around to browse further.

--

Note, this is every single publicly available Blamonet thread. Includes all boards except Swaddy General Discussion, unfortunately. But Memory Lane, GB, Pumpkins Board, Iha board, Music Board, et al...all in here. Enjoy!

eddiebrock has been thanked by:
eddiebrock
Site Admin

Have thanks: 108 time

Re: Download all Blamonet-SweetAddy threads through 1-27-13

Postby shawback » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 pm

thank you!well it's really hard to search for a thread...
shawback

Have thanks: 3 time

Re: Download all Blamonet-SweetAddy threads through 1-27-13

Postby obscuratea » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:17 am

thank you for doing that! is there a way to combine all of the pages, to keyword search through all of it at once?
obscuratea

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Download all public Blamonet threads through 2-27-13-UPD

Postby obscuratea » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:05 am

thanks again for making the archive :) ! (this might be common knowledge, but i thought i'd share just in case someone else doesn't know) i just discovered that (on a mac) in finder, you can within the folder by dragging the Sweetaddy 2-27 folder into the sidebar, in the "places" tab, then clicking on it to select it, then typing the search terms in the search bar , then selecting "sweetaddy 2-27"at the top bar (on top of the cover flow)

also when you have a page open, you can search within that page by pressing COMMAND F
obscuratea

Postby sleeper » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks for this. BTW, I haven't been over to Blamonet for several months. I had been thinking about stopping by there this past week and finally went today and found it shut down. Can someone please fill me in as to what happened? I had been a member there since '05 or so (used to post regularly but doubt anyone remembers me) and pretty much relied on it as an info hub for anything Elliott-related. Really shocked to see it gone.
sleeper

Have thanks: 3 time

Postby eddiebrock » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:13 pm

^^Aaron thought it was too expensive to maintain and decided to shut it down so he wouldn't have to pay $100/month (that's crazy money for just a message board, can't say I blame him from a practical perspective).
eddiebrock
Site Admin

Postby nobodyspecial » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Here is a snapshot of the Memory Lane archives structured for offline browsing. Dated 06/16/2012. I don't know when the boards went down. The main board was too much of a mess for me to want to mirror. I have not looked at the archive present in this thread so I do not know if it is the same or different. This is the blamonet archive for the Elliott Smith Memory Lane board that I mirrored for local backup, so you browse it like a webpage. You unzip it and open index.html .. it is in order with the newest at the top and the oldest at the back.

http://www.filedropper.com/elliottsmith ... ne07162012
nobodyspecial

Postby nobodyspecial » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:15 pm

I find it rude for you to identify me when I have not voluntarily taken the steps to identify myself to the board. If you identified me based off of registration information then that is not respectful of my privacy. If it was because you remembered me making this archive a year ago, then perhaps you should have PMed me first since I obviously am not looking to have accurate public information (nickname, birthdate, profile info).

I came here to post the archive so that I could delete it from my own files. That is done now.
nobodyspecial

Postby eddiebrock » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:10 pm

my bad. i considered you as a friend and i was excited to see you post (as i'm excited to see any old posters that show up here), but it appears the feeling is clearly not mutual as i did not anticipate you perceiving that as rude.

anyways i've removed my post to respect your privacy, thanks for stopping by and good luck in whatever it is you do.
eddiebrock
Site Admin

Postby benexclaimed » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:48 am

nobodyspecial wrote:Here is a snapshot of the Memory Lane archives structured for offline browsing. Dated 06/16/2012. I don't know when the boards went down. The main board was too much of a mess for me to want to mirror. I have not looked at the archive present in this thread so I do not know if it is the same or different. This is the blamonet archive for the Elliott Smith Memory Lane board that I mirrored for local backup, so you browse it like a webpage. You unzip it and open index.html .. it is in order with the newest at the top and the oldest at the back.

http://www.filedropper.com/elliottsmith ... ne07162012

Would anybody be able to repost this? Doesn't seem to work anymore.
benexclaimed

Next

Return to General Discussion