Welcome
Visit our main site at http://alphabet-town.com!

1-27-13: Welcome Blamonet members!

Heaven Adores You is getting a soundtrack.

Talk about Elliott here, in the most broadest of terms. For any ES talk that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Re: Heaven Adores You is getting a soundtrack.

Postby Dave_79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:57 am

Reading the booklet, which is slightly different to the Crave article, makes me want to hear True Believer (first named Little Caesars) and Sophistry. Wow, that one has a Stranger Than Fiction version, a Heatmiser version AND a solo version. 'This Bed' as mentioned in the article, became Blue Mood. But we haven't heard True Believer and Sophistry yet. Also, 'Unitled Soft Song in F'' was on a tape with 'We're All Friends Now', which we still haven't heard the studio version of.

Anyway, I think this is a great release. The Heatmiser 'Christian Brothers' sounds fantastic on the CD. I love the untitled instrumentals, and we finally get a proper release of a leaked unreleased song in True Love. It can be done! How good would it be to have the Grand Mal (mainly CDs 2 & 3) songs officially released, along with other studio songs that we know exist but haven't heard and studio versions of the Confusion songs?

I'm really happy this film & soundtrack has been released, especially for the people who will discover Elliott's music for the first time. I totally appreciate that the OST mirrors the film itself, and that the project was never about "Hey, here's 20 unreleased Elliott songs that could have been on Figure 8 or FABOTH!" Its just so easy to see True Love on an official release and be like "True Love can be released, when can someone put out songs X, Y and Z ?" This release shows there is still hope!
Dave_79

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby QueenIgneous » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 pm

<3
QueenIgneous

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby Xavier » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:31 am

That's weird: the soundtrack does not seem to be available at all in France.
I went to the largest music store in Paris, and they can only order it from overseas :? :cry: :shock:
The DVD is widely distributed, though...

Xavier has been thanked by:
Xavier

Have thanks: 12 time

Postby numero9 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:30 am

Pitchfork review - 7.3 http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/214 ... oundtrack/

That's better than what they gave Figure 8 and Basement originally! :P
numero9

Have thanks: 41 time

Postby eddiebrock » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:36 am

The most promising thing about this release is that it is by Universal. In my opinion that bodes extremely well for the possibility of future releases. Let's hope that maybe the next release is the much dreamed about Universal version of New Moon and we get everything we ever dreamed of, aka XO, Figure 8 and Basement outtakes.
eddiebrock
Site Admin

Have thanks: 110 time

Postby Baz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:49 pm

I feel like the talking should've been cut from the end of "say yes," especially because him saying he has one more song to go doesn't fit with the album.

also the talking before "miss misery" is unnecessary and very loud.

third and final gripe is my cd player says christian brothers is by elliott smith, but on spotify it says heatmiser. the cd should say heatmiser too.

three [very] minor complaints aside, I've played the hell out of this and it's good to have. thanks to everyone involved.

not read the booklet yet. looking forward to it.
Pryvely he caught her by the queynte.
Baz

Have thanks: 2 time

Postby runnersdialzero » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm confused, is the early version of "The Last Hour" from 1999 or 95/96? I've seen both listed.

The labelling on the online releases of this are kinda gross. Minor gripe, I guess, but labelling every other track as "(DEMO)" kinda follows this annoying trend as of late with everyone considering anything not on an album a demo or something. Some of these tracks are basically Roman Candle outtakes, sitting on the same reels as tracks from the first album, so is every song on Roman Candle a "demo"? I know the CD isn't labelled like this, with only the demo of "Waltz #1" labelled as such because, y'know, it's an actual demo.

I realize I'm being pedantic, but urgh. ;(
runnersdialzero

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby solveig » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:06 am

runnersdialzero wrote:I'm confused, is the early version of "The Last Hour" from 1999 or 95/96? I've seen both listed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrT-QJgIxFs
solveig

Have thanks: 215 time

Postby numero9 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:42 pm

So all three Last Hours are from 1995/96? That would make the most sense.
numero9

Have thanks: 41 time

Postby eddiebrock » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:19 pm

All the liner notes and articles have stated it's from 1995-1996. That Pitchfork article confused a lot of people.

The organ version, I'm not sure but I can't imagine it would be in a different time. Elliott wasn't really into "dusting off" his unused solo songs until Basement.
eddiebrock
Site Admin

Have thanks: 110 time

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion